BioVis Meetup #1: Changing the world with data visualization
For the January’22 BioVis meetup we’ll have a presentation and chat with Matthias Stahl from DER SPIEGEL. Matthias is a PhD scientist, founder of design studio higsch, and now co-lead of Graphics & Interactive department at a leading German weekly. Matthias will describe his route from bacteria and childhood cancer to political news and how this is all connected by his passion for data and visualizations.
Join us on Tuesday, 25th of January at 5pm Berlin / 4 pm London / 11am East Coast US / 8 am California / (recording available): “From bench to news site: Changing the world with data visualization”
The recorded talk is available on YouTube.
Future and past events
- BioVis Meetup #6: Communicating Scientific Concepts Through Art Jan 31, 2023
- BioVis Meetup #5: Visualising science: Communicating complex research with information graphics at Nature Nov 29, 2022
- BioVis Meetup #4: Surgery visualizations: leveraging AI in the healthcare setting Sep 27, 2022
- BioVis Meetup 2022/2023 Sep 26, 2022
- BioVis Meetup #3: A pandemic of bad charts May 24, 2022
- BioVis Meetup #2: Visualisation of Spatial and Image Data Mar 22, 2022
- BioVis Meetup #1: Changing the world with data visualization Jan 25, 2022