BioVis Meetup #5: Visualising science: Communicating complex research with information graphics at Nature
We are pleased to announce BioVis #5!
Join us Nov 29 at 5 pm Berlin / 4 pm London / 11am East Coast US / 8 am California /
Visualising science: communicating complex research with information graphics at Nature
Nik Spencer – Art editor, Nature
Jasiek Krzysztofiak – Art Editor, Nature
Abstract: The presentation will discuss how the main concepts of research papers are identified to produce concise, informative graphics aimed at non-specialist readers for Nature News & Views articles. Drafts submitted by authors will be considered and assessed, followed by a summary of the process involved in adapting and developing the ideas into figures for publication. There will be an overview of the core principles of Nature graphic style, how this is applied to determine figure content and design, and how this style is used to highlight key points in the research.
Meeting ID: 860 7864 3977
All recordings are available on YouTube.
Questions & Suggestions
We are happy if you get in touch with Heba Sailem and Helena Jambor (helena.jambor - at - tu-dresden.de)
Future and past events
- BioVis Meetup #6: Communicating Scientific Concepts Through Art Jan 31, 2023
- BioVis Meetup #5: Visualising science: Communicating complex research with information graphics at Nature Nov 29, 2022
- BioVis Meetup #4: Surgery visualizations: leveraging AI in the healthcare setting Sep 27, 2022
- BioVis Meetup 2022/2023 Sep 26, 2022
- BioVis Meetup #3: A pandemic of bad charts May 24, 2022
- BioVis Meetup #2: Visualisation of Spatial and Image Data Mar 22, 2022
- BioVis Meetup #1: Changing the world with data visualization Jan 25, 2022